Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Lion Dance at Reggae Bar,Changkat Bukit Bintang,Kuala Lumpur


I've mentioned before that Reggae Bar is not my cup-of-tea.
When it's empty it looks like "a club waiting to happen" and is devoid of any atmosphere whatsoever and when it's busy and jumping inside,I'm too stingy to pay the cover charge or the exorbitant price for a beer....
Maybe I just need to get the timing right....
But having said all that,they did put on a really good Lion Dance during the recent Chinese New Year celebrations-so,good luck to them!
Definitely one of the best I've seen.
Update-18/3/10.
Reggae Bar and Elixir Club were subjected to a police raid at around 11.30pm.
I understand it was all about licensing/permits rather than vice activities....or maybe it was linked to recent complaints about the noise....
The sound systems/cd's were confiscated but it a day later it was business as usual .
I've been told that to run a bar in KL you need to apply for nearly 70 different permits from the local council/police/fire dept etc etc....

No comments:

Post a Comment